About Dr. Soto
Patrick Soto, D.O. joined the Spokane Spine Center in 2013 expanding the services offered there by its founder Dr. Robert Haddad, DC. Our combined training allows us to provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan for a variety of injuries and conditions.
Dr. Soto is an Osteopathic Physiatrist who enjoys figuring out the source of your pain in order to help you feel better and return to your active lifestyle.
The tenets of Osteopathy and Physiatry are as follows:
- Restoring optimal function to people with injuries to the soft tissues, muscles, bones and nervous system.
- Understanding the recovery, future implications and functional impact of an illness.
- Begin with a conservative and nonsurgical approach when possible
- The body has an inherent capacity to heal and maintain health
- The body’s alignment and its function are interrelated
Areas of Expertise
- Conservative care of spinal disorders
- Joint and muscle disorders
- Work related injuries
- Post motor vehicle accident care
- Image-guided injections for pain
- Nerve conduction and EMG diagnostic studies
- Implantable therapies (e.g. pain pumps, baclofen pumps, spinal cord stimulators). Dr. Soto is unique in Spokane in that he performs the full service care of assessing whether you are a candidate for the device, performing the trial, doing the implant surgery and managing your device.
- Botox injections for migraines, excessive sweating and movement disorders
- Movement disorders (e.g. spasticity, dystonia, spasms) related to cerebral palsy, stroke, multiple sclerosis, ALS and spinal cord injuries
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Holy Family Hospital
- Deaconess Medical Center
- Valley Hospital
- Associate clinical professor
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab, 2010
- Residency: Loyola University of Chicago, 2008
- Osteopathic Traditional Rotating Internship: Maine-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, 2005
- Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2004
- Undergraduate School: University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1998
Dr. Soto is fluent in both English and Spanish.